Are you looking for new soup recipes this Fall? Well, you have taken the first step! Welcome to Souper Sundays!
I will be sharing with you different soup recipes each Sunday during this Fall. Simple, hearthy and super tasty new soups to add to your recipe book.
I have to say that for this mama of three busy girls ages 2 to 15, cooking healthy but quick is a must. I find myself having only one hour to cook daily so I have to make the most out of that time. On Sundays, my husband always likes to take all “his girls” out for the day to spend family time, so when we get back home late afternoon, I have a hungry family waiting for Sunday supper. This tired mama first resource: SOUP. One pot does the trick! I add some Texas toast, cheesy baguette or olive bread (which I will be sharing as well) and I have a family of 6 well fed and very pleased.
Let me get started with my first yummy and healthy recipe:
Tuscan White Bean and Sausage soup with Kale
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
• 2 tbsp of olive oil
• 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage (without the casing)
• 1 medium white onion finely chopped
• 2 large carrots finely diced
• 2-15oz cans of white cannelini beans (drained and rinsed)
• 2 bunches of kale, stem removed and roughly chopped in 2-3” pieces
• 64oz of chicken stock
• 2 garlic cloves finely chopped (you can substitute the garlic cloves with 1 tsp of garlic powder)
• salt, pepper, 2 bay leaves
• In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and let it brown a little. Still occasionally to make sure the sausage is not sticking to the bottom of the pot and break the sausage in smaller pieces. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
• Add the onions, carrots and bay leaves. Stir occasionally for another 5 minutes until the onions become clear and the carrots soften. Add salt and pepper generously and add the chopped garlic or garlic powder. Add the kale and stir again until it starts to become a little wilted. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Add the white beans, cover the lid and let it simmer on its own for about 30 minutes. Stir every once in a while. The starch of the beans will make the birth of this soup a little thicker on its own.
• Serve this delicious soup with Texas toast and enjoy!
I hope you tune in next Sunday for another wonderful recipe. If you have any special requests or any questions please feel free to leave me a comment. When you make your recipes I would love for you to share them with me. You can follow me on Instagram @oak.hill.farms and use hashtag #oakhillfarmsrecipes with your pictures so I can check them out! Thank you friends for allowing me to bring something tasty to your table.