I wanted to share this recipe with you because it’s so easy and tasty. Definitely a favorite around here.
If you have been following me on Instagram, you know I love to have glass jars on my floating shelves filled with yummy things. Cookies, biscottis and of course: GRANOLA.
If you are a lover of cherries, this recipe is for you. The tartness of the dry cherries balances the sweetness of the brown sugar and our Oak Hill Farms honey, making this granola one of my favorites. You can easily substitute cranberries for cherries and pistachios or walnuts for almonds if that’s what you like.
Without further due, here it is:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
• 2 cups of old fashioned oats (not instant)
• 1/2 cup of Oak Hill Farms raw honey
• 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
• 1/2 cup of dried cherries
• 1/2 cup of sliced almonds (I used whole this time)
• 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
• 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
• 1 tsp of vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• 1/4 tsp of almond extract
• Preheat oven at 300 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until they are all moistened.
• Spread mixture on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Stir the granola every 10 minutes to ensure they all cook evenly.
• Allow to cool completely. The granola will start getting a crunchy texture as it cools off.
• This will remain fresh at room temperature is stored in an air tight container. I have them fresh for 2 full weeks in my glass jars.
Hope you make it and share your results. Add milk, plain or Greek yogurt or simply eat it as a snack during the day. Enjoy!